Phia Cup Instructions
Congratulations on making the switch! Switching to a new menstrual product can be daunting so we have created these instructions to teach you how to use & clean Phia Cup and give you general period tips & tricks for that time of the month!
How to Use Phia Cup
- Fold the cup at the triangle, insert, and push up. To check the seal, run your finger around the cup to check that it opened all the way. Gently tug the handle to create the seal, readjust if needed.
- Wear up to twelve hours.
- Removal: Gently pull on the handle until you are able to reach the bottom part of the cup. Squeeze the cup and wiggle it back and forth while pulling it out to remove. Empty & wash before re-inserting.
Cleaning Phia Cup
After each use: Wash with gentle oil-free soap and water.
Between cycles: Wash & place it in the storage pouch until next month! For a deeper clean, sanitize the cup in boiling water. Let the cup cool before handling it.
- Being relaxed during insertion & removal is essential for a comfortable experience. Remember to breathe, relax your muscles, and wiggle the cup back and forth. You can squat or put one leg up, find a position that works best for you! The first few times can be difficult for new cup users. It will get easier once you get the hang of it.
- The shower is a great place to insert & remove your cup. The warm water helps you relax and it is easy to empty the cup in the drain.
- During removal, don’t pull on the handle too hard. Gently tug on the handle until you can reach the triangle part of the cup to squeeze. This will collapse the cup to a smaller size, making it easier to remove.
Have any more questions? Check out our FAQ page. It may take some time to learn how to comfortably use your cup. That is completely normal. It takes most people up to three cycles to get the hang of it but don’t worry! You’ll be a pro in no time. For support, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on during your encounters with Phia Cup, you can always reach out to us. We will be sure to provide you with personalized help to get you to love your cup as much as we do!